4514 Dripping Springs Rd
Join us for our first Earth Guardians Phoenix Kids Tribe “Campout”
April 5th-7th 2019
Alright guys are you ready for our first campout? This is going to be quite magickal! It is that time that our little Earth Guardians & their families take a trip out of the “Big City” and venture into Nature & put our camping skills to the test. Now, it doesn’t matter if you are a novice camper, a skilled camper or have never slept in the wild… this event is geared towards all levels of campers.
I have carefully chosen this location at Wind Spirit CommUnity so that everyone can feel comfortable. We will have the luxury of communal living spaces, bathrooms, showers, washers & dryers (should you need them) but at the same time we will have the space in Nature to pitch a tent and have campfires. I thought this would be ideal because it allows those who have not camped get a taste of what camping is without the worries of being “in the wild”. Please note that cell phone reception is very spotty & limited. And while there maybe WiFi, it will not be available to the Earth Guardians, as part of this journey is to get away from those things and to “Reconnect with Nature“.
Here is a little excerpt from the Wind Spirit CommUnity website which can be view here”
“Wind Spirit is an Ecovillage located in a narrow valley surrounded by mountain ranges, The closest town Globe is 20 miles away. We are committed to 100% organic methods of food production along with continually working to bring our 16 acres more in line with permaculture practices. A canopy of thousands of mature fruit, nut and native trees feed and shelter us, several gardens provide us with more food. We aspire to live in harmony which is not always easy, be good stewards of the land and be as sustainable as possible, while also being realistic about what we can afford to do with the resources we have. Community is really all about our relationships with each other everything else is secondary.”
Questions you might ask:
Where is Wind Spirit CommUnity?
- Tucked away just 2 hours from Phoenix between Globe & Tucson just outside of Winkelman. You’ll have to follow a dirt road for about 3 miles off the highway, don’t worry my Toyota Camry makes it out there all the time 😁
What is our agenda?
- Reconnect with Nature
- Connect with each other
- Tent camping
- Learn how to pitch and break down a tent
- Learn how to build a fire & how to tend a fire
- Hikes in the desert
- Campfire stories
- Learn about CommUnity living
What should we bring?
Prepare you & your little ones to camp in the desert. Account for weather changes, hiking shoes, sauna clothes, towels etc. Here’s some suggestions:
- a tent (if you do not have one we have a couple we can loan out – please just email me with that inquiry firstname.lastname@example.org)
- sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, sleeping mat
- lanterns, flashlights, headlamps
- coats, sweaters, scarf
- camping chair
- floor mat
- broom & dust pan to sweep inside tent
- A stuffed animal friend to snuggle with
- snacks, food for all meals other than the 2 we will provide
- jug for water from the well
- sleep aid
- a night light
- bedtime book
- essential oils to repel mosquitoes
Payments – What are they for, what do they cover & where do I send them?
- Why $100?
- This is per tent site. This covers the overnight fee(s) Wind Spirit charges, food from the commUnity kitchen, use of the compost toilets, 2 meals for the weekend & a small portion will go towards our scholarship fund for families in need.
- The Wind Spirit fee covers space preparation & maintenance, incidentals, herbs, spices, butter, oil, Toilet paper, towels, etc.
- Feel free to view their visitors page here – this might be a good idea to review to get acquainted with them.
- Payments must be sent in full in advance no later than March 28th. This will allow us to prepare for the weekend, estimate the food cost & to reserve the spaces we need. Send payments in advance to the link above at paypal.me/LumaraRose or to venmo@lumararose
- Payments via Paypal must be sent to paypal.me/LumaraRose & choose the friends & family method so that there is no fee. If you choose the option with a fee YOU need to cover that fee yourself. Make sure to NOTE what you are sending funds for so *** please NOTE on all payments “Earth Guardians Campout” *** please NOTE on all payments “Earth Guardians Campout” and how many people will be in your party so we may account for food cost ***
- Payments via venmo can be sent to @lumararose again please NOTE what the funds are for… “Earth Guardians Campout”.
- Cash payments I am willing to accept cash but that is your responsibility to deliver the funds to me by the date of March 30th. If you are wanting to do that please email me @email@example.com with that request to meet up or drop off.
- Refunds – There will be no refunds issued after March 30th.
- Can I request a discounted fee for any reason? Yes, we have a partial scholarship fund. This fund is limited & applicants will be screened & awarded as we feel is in alignment with the process. If you are interested in this please submit this form here
Where should we check-in?
There will be a check in at first entrance near the main kitchen. Here you will check in, be directed on where to park & to your tent location.
Where should we park?
All parking will be at the church across from Wind Spirit – there should be a sign. You are welcome to bring your car near the camping location but it must be moved & parked before we go play.
Agenda (subject to change):
Please note that there will be several group activities throughout the weekend but you will have much free time to play, explore & mingle.
Friday April 5th
- arrive after 6pm
- Park at the church
- meet & greet in the main kitchen & bring a vegetarian potluck dish to share throughout the night
- set up camp
- Fire skills
- Sauna & campfire throughout the night (remember this is a clothing optional location)
Saturday April 6th
- 10ish brunch in main kitchen & announcements
- tour the Wind Spirit grounds
- tent skills workshop
- 6ish dinner in main kitchen
- Fire skills
- Sauna & campfire throughout the night (remember this is a clothing optional location
Sunday April 7th
- 10ish brunch & announcements
- Hike to coyote peak
- 2pm depart back home